Power Electronics Technologies, Direct Current, and Power Devices-the grid of the future will need to be increasingly intelligent and efficient. Although the design of power systems is an integral part of GRID research, understanding the next generation of power electronics technologies and connected devices that make up energy systems will form the fundamental basis of GRID’s research. This thrust area will help to position Pitt Power programs as a future leader in DC architecture, systems integration, and devices.
Potential applications within this area include:
- Grid and Military Applications
- High Power Density Design and Thermal Managemen
- Microgrid Resilient Power Supply and Fault Identification
- Modeling and Control of Wide Bandgap Devices
- Power Conversion Technologies and Architectures
Contact Dr. Brandon Grainger @ BMG10@pitt.edu for more information